1. After each Freo game, a fan logs in (or if it’s their first time – they register) to place votes in the Freo Fans’ MVP thanks to McDonald's®.
2. They then assign 3 votes to the player they deemed to be the best Freo player for that game, 2 votes to the second best player and 1 vote to the third best.
3. At the end of the voting period all the votes are added up.
4. There are a maximum of 100 points per game that can be awarded to the entire team. Each player is then given a percentage of the total votes received to go towards their season tally (e.g. if 1200 votes were placed in Round 1 and Matthew Pavlich received 600 then that is the equivalent of 50 per cent of all votes for that round and he would receive 50 points towards his season tally. If the second best player received 200 votes from 1200 then that is the equivalent of 16.7 per cent and he will get 17 votes towards the season tally).
5. The same thing happens after each round.
6. At the end of the year the player who is at the top of the season leaderboard is crowned the Freo Fans’ Most Valuable Player thanks to McDonald's®.